Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting Back to Business

I'm BACK! So sorry I have been MIA for a while. Life has been a little crazy but I've refocused my efforts and time on my knitting projects. I am happy to display the finished product of my most recent project, as promised a pink and brown two-tone "playtime top" with flower embellishment. I must say, I kind of love the finished product! Here are pictures of the front and back of the piece. It is intended to be worn as a top not a dress, with leggings or even a long sleeved top underneath. I am considering making a coordinating headband with flower to complete the out fit.




In the time I've been away from blogging so many things have changed in life, my schedule is far more hectic and sadly knitting took a back seat to just about everything else for a while. I've realized in the last few weeks though that knitting is more than a pass time for me, more than a hobby. Knitting is one of the few things I do that takes a lot of work and patience (which I generally have little of) and makes me feel productive and creative and accomplished. You may know someone who just loves their job and gushes about how amazing it is to love what they do, well knitting is that for me. I haven't found my ultimate career path yet and what I would really love to do is just knit. This sounds silly and half the time when I talk about it I am being silly but in the last few weeks I've thought, what if it isn't that silly after all? People have done it, hell people have done sillier things and made millions. So who is to say I can't making knitting my job? That is my new goal: figure out a way to knit for a living. Step one is actually attempting to sell something. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

In the mean time I have a few other projects to get started on. That CAL scarf I mentioned previously is project numero uno followed by some Christmas ornaments, possibly a full size throw blanket (until now I've only made baby blankets) and of course there is always that sweater I technically started about 4 years ago and want to finish for myself at some point. Building time in to my newly hectic schedule to knit is really going to be important in order to accomplish these projects and get cooking on my entrepreneurial efforts. Any fellow entrepreneurs out there who have words of wisdom, comments are welcome. Thank you for reading, stay tuned for many new and exciting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment